Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Parenting 101::Lesson 16--Music

I realize that as parents, we have a responsibility to teach our children the morals and principles that we deem correct, and then let them choose for themselves. There are some ideas and teachings that I feel are important, and try to emphasize these strongly.

Unfortunately, there are other things I think I am passing on which may be unintentional.

You'd think that our house would be rocking with Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers as I have 9 and 6 year old daughters.
You'd also think with my 2 little boys, that "Hot potato" by the Wiggles would be constantly sung in the car.

Not so.

Just yesterday, my 6 year old daughter started into "I used to roll the dice." (Viva la Vida by Coldplay)


And then later in the car, my 4 year old son turned in a Jagger-esque performance when he bursts out with "I see a red door, and I want it painted black." (Paint it black by the Stones)



So much for the Golden rule, stay away from strangers, or don't litter....My kids are obviously gleaning only what they wish from my parenting.

5 comments:

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

Kids are like that----yeahhh they are. (lol)

Shawn said...

Your kids sound friggin cool. Good work!

Alex L said...

I approve of the stones, not so much the coldplay.

Anna Russell said...

I approve. I'm trying to teach my daughter that Miley Cyrus is the spawn of Satan. I knew this needed to be done when a friend of mine (aged 29) asked me "Who is Jimi Hendrix?" I'm not kidding. I blame her parents.

Jenn Thorson said...

I don't know, Matt-- GOOD Stones song. And the Stones will have relevance long after it's "Jonah WHO?"

Locations of visitors to this page