Thursday, October 30, 2008

Taco Bell delivers....I think....

The world series is fantastic. Regardless of the teams involved (as long as its not the Dodgers) I'm always interested, and watch every game.
This year was no exception, and although I pulled for the Devil Rays, I wasn't terribly upset that the Phils pulled it out.

One moment that took me by surprise, was the fact that Taco Bell decided to give all America a free taco if there were a stolen base. Given the fact that the Rays are base-thief extraordinaires, I felt the chances were pretty good that I'd get a taco. I go there once every week or so for lunch, and a free taco just sweetens the deal.

Game 1--Jason Bartlett swipes second base, and free tacos for everyone!!!

And then came the catch.

You couldn't just walk in the next day to get a free taco. They set up specific times and dates when the tacos were given out. They were not opportune times, and I didn't feel like fighting college students and homeless people in a line akin to "black Friday" at Kohls.

I mean---c'mon. Look at the advertisement from Taco Bell. Read the disclaimer at the bottom. How bad did they truly want to give out free tacos anyway?? (you can click picture to enlarge)


11 comments:

Prefers Her Fantasy Life said...

You just don't seem like the type to have experience with "black Friday" at Kohl's.

Allison said...

You had me at Taco. I will read any post about Taco Bell.

I, too, watched the World Series regardless of the teams. Well, that's not entirely honest. Two words: Evan. Longoria.

Da Old Man said...

Taco Bell has officially replaced White Castle as my unconstipator food of choice. The triple steak burrito is the fastest way to "unclog" known to man.

boisebyufans said...

A sad fact: My fist time even in a taco bell was four weeks ago. Crazy I know. Now I understand why everyone loves it. Since then I have been back three times and so has my husband. It is a cheap lunch and totally delicious!!! Another sad fact: The first time I tried chili in a can was a week after my honeymoon. My husband thinks I was deprived as a child.

Allison said...

I went today because it was on my mind. Bad. I can't believe someone has gone their whole life (until 4 weeks ago) without so much as a Taco Supreme (with extra sour cream).

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Ha! See? That's what happens when loser teams are in charge of hte World Serious.

Ellie

Alex L said...

Those terms and conditions seem all right...

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

you make Taco Bill's sound like fun, but unfortunately I have this phobia about barking Chihuahua's---

Gary (old dude)
http://threescoreplusten.blogspot.com/

Matt said...

fantasy life--I'm not...but my wife goes every year, and calls me while she's in line. I giggle, and roll back over to bed.

allison--you had me at Eva Longoria...oh wait--that's not what you said. Oh well. The effect is the same.

old man--I went to purchase one of those--and then noticed it was $4.50!!! Are you kidding me?? I can't bring myself to spend that much at taco bell for one item.

boise--I will not even admit knowing you after these facts. Those are 2 of my favorite things in the world. Next you'll be saying that you've never had a Big Mac.

allison--Nachos Supreme--hold the tomatoes.

ellie--C'mon. For fans outside of the Northeast, we'd rather see someone besides NY or the Red Sox every year. It was good to see 2 teams that haven't been there for a while. Now we need the Giants to go on a tear next year.

alex--I'm glad I didn't have to find out.

Gary--you struck me as a dog guy...no??

Allison said...

Agreed on the nachos supreme. However, I have gone cold turkey on those. Except when I'm drunk and don't care.

Jude said...

Oh My God I Hope you said Taco Bill and not Taco Bell. I use to love Taco Bell until I worked at a tomato factory and saw the rotten tomatoes they bought for their sauce and I have never eaten another one or anything else since from there since 1998

Locations of visitors to this page