Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The hair up there


Oh yes....Neil Diamond is on a world tour. I'd say that this may be his last ever---but I truly hope that he is immortal.

December 19th he comes to Salt Lake City, Utah. This is the closest venue to my small town. I aim to be there.

In fact, I've added a donation button on the right-hand side of the blog. (look for the sexy face of Neil)
This is not to buy me a ticket to the concert....no....that would be stupid.
This donation is to buy me a pink sequin shirt that I can wear to the concert. And yes....I will partake in the 3-button rule. (3 buttons undone)


In honor of this event, I will dedicate at least one day a week to Neil Diamond videos. And for you smart-asses, this is not tongue in cheek. How would the elevator fill their dead air with music without Neil?? What would people play when you go on hold on the phone without Neil??
What the Hell would they play on the 4th of July without Neil??

13 comments:

Dan da Man said...

I would give u some money but i will not subject children to seeing u with the 3 button rule

Gary ("Old Dude") said...

old dude that I am, we didn't have concersts when I was a kid, one saved up and bought the 78, and listened to the weekly hit parade show. Later we switched to 45's---"I found my thrill on Blueberry Hill"-----I and the fonz made regular appearances at the hamburger outlet. (a McDonals cheese burer was 19 cents a milkshake 20

SILLYA said...

Butt.Ugly.Shirt! Don't do it, just put it back, (in the far back), in grampa's closet. For the love of Fargo, just say NO!

muskrat said...

i love neil diamond. can't wait to read about the show.

Doug at Taunt Vortex said...

For what it's worth, my wife and I are forever in blue jeans.

Prefers Her Fantasy Life said...

Dude, don't do it. Get the purple one. Works so much better with your complexion!

GeneratedMadness said...

Anything Neil Diamond related instantly reminds me of the movie Saving Silverman. Right? C'mon!

David said...

There is no such thing as the "last concert" until they are dead and in the ground. Even then, nothing is certain. Elvis is still raking in the bucks

Jenn Thorson said...

Sweet Caroline, what are ya DOIN', man?! No, no no... must not wear hot pink with sequins... bad bad bad!

Da Old Man said...

Dude, this is helping tremendously with your previously announced attempt to get in touch with your feminine side.

Good job.

Shieldmaiden96 said...

I'm not sure whether I'd really want to see Neil because he has a handful of half decent songs or because I'd like to engage in the hardcore people watching (and subsequent blogging) that his audience would no doubt yield. Any chance you can live Twitter this experience?

The Nemesing One said...

To answer your questions at the end of your post I can only say - I'm sure I don't know.

Matt said...

Dan--Neil is a God to people of all ages.

Gary--you're not that old...at least not mentally. I read your blog, and you are one hip dude.

sillya--The masses demand it.

Muskrat--Concert enjoyment first, blog fodder 2nd.

Doug--music to my ears.

prefers--It depends on which is shinier under the flashing lights.

generate--I love that show. Love it.

david--you are right. I'll be buying Neil Christmas albums forever.

Jenn--Oh yes I will...the only debate is whether I should trim up my chest hair or not.

Old man--C'mon...I'm trying. Go look at my blog roll. Tons of women now. The glass ceiling has been broken on this page.

shield--Stop the blasphemy...If by a handful, you mean thousands, then I'm with you.

TMO--is this a plug?

Locations of visitors to this page