Friday, September 12, 2008

Battle of the Bands

The last battle of the bands I saw, was in High School.
I remember the 1st band played "Friday I'm in love" by the Cure, and then "Jeremy" by PearlJam.
The second band played "Brown eyed girl" by Van Morrison, and then "Cat's in the cradle" by Harry Chapin/Cat Stevens/Ugly kid joe.

As I believe its utterly impossible to imitate Robert Smith or Eddie Vedder, the first band bombed....literally. People started throwing stuff at them. Their set ended with "Jeremy spoke in...class......@#$# you," as they dodged donut holes.

I'm resurrecting my High School experience with:

The Youtube battle of the bands.

I haven't laughed this hard in a while. Please watch both competitors, and vote for the winner at the bottom of the post.

Today's first competitor is a band singing "I wanna love you tender." As I cannot pronounce the name of the band, I will leave that for you to decide.
Watch away...and stay till the end...it's definitely worth it.




Our second competitor is Jan Teri singing "Losing you."
Yet again...be patient for the whole thing...United 7.









And to wash away the horse-crap from your musical palette, I give you one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands.


10 comments:

unfinishedrambling said...

Thanks for washing away the horse crap from my musical palate. I think you saved the day with that.

Don said...

I can't sing or play an instrument. Nor can I make a f*cking ass of myself like these losers!

Da Old Man said...

Decisions, decisions. Do I want to jab this pen in my eardrums, or poke out my eyes? Neither one will get those out of my mind, but will ensure I never put myself through anything like that again.

Alex L said...

Europeans have it, that 'handbrake dance' was the shit! Plus the whole thing was shot on a Dr Who set.

Doug at Taunt Vortex said...

I had to go with the "Euros".

"Mom" just looked pissed off during the entire video. Plus, I had to endure her music for an additional 35 seconds.

muskrat said...

ok, those were awful. i'm glad i read this on saturday, so that i didn't end my workweek with those craptastic videos!

i do dig muse, though.

Captain Mary said...

Tell me that these arn't real music artist, I know you have a great sense of humor, but this was tragic.

The Nemesing One said...

Twilight Fans Unite under the flag of MUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaa!

The Hypocritical One said...

unfinishedrambling--C'mon...they weren't that bad...ok..maybe.

Don--Anyone can make an ass out of themselves. It's especially nice when someone uses their quasi-talents to do it...like these people.

Old man--Are you saying this shouldn't be a common post topic here?? Rats.

Doug--good call...although I liked the missed lyrics by the mom.

muskrat--good band.

Mary--Somehow...somewhere...this crap is produced as music. Look at the movie "hitman." Somebody thought that would be good.

TNO--Ok...I was confused as to the meaning of your comment, and had to ask a friend.
It appears that fans of the estrogen-friendly book series "Twilight" also like the band Muse. This stretch occurred because the author of the books took inspiration in the band.
Let me tell you this....

Actually no---I won't tell you. I'll post a blog rant about this. I'm upset with the hi-jacking of my favorite bands....and need to vent.

Silly Swedish Skier Says So said...

Oooohhh, you touch my tralala with this post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi4Kfs7bqjs

Locations of visitors to this page