Friday, July 4, 2008

Diamonds are forever

Kicking off a new segment here. Random Neil Diamond clip of the day. Although this one isn't too random...as this song is a good fit for the 4th of July.
This is the culminating scene of a classic movie. Neil "struts his stuff" and validates his life decisions in front of his uber-religious Jewish father who is won over with this great tune.
For those of you who haven't seen the Jazz Singer (not the Al Jolson version) you should pick it up. You will be an even bigger fan of Neil Diamond (who's not??) and will get 5 times the chest hair shots than a single episode of Magnum PI.
You'll see an acting legend (Laurence Olivier) with a pop legend...and get a little "Love on the Rocks" while you're at it.
I don't like this type of music---I was raised in the heyday of Nirvana and Metallica. But Neil Diamond is the king. (FYI--just below him on the list of "greats" is Johnny Cash---whom I love--although I hate country music)
Lastly--you'll get the chills while watching this clip, but I'm not sure if it's from the song, or the blue-sequined shirt. Let's give a little love to my Jewish brother.

2 comments:

boisebyufans said...

You have made the Dinger's 4th of July complete with a little bit of the Diamond!! We loved it!

Drowsey Monkey said...

Well ... I was raised at the time when Neil was "all that and a bag of chips" ... and I gotta say, some men should just sit down when they sing. ;)

Locations of visitors to this page