Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Things I never told anyone....

Dear Pocock family....It was me who peed in your sleeping bag those many years ago. Yes, it was me.
I was about 5 or 6 years old, and my cousin and I were invited to sleep over at a neighbor's house. Now I was not known as a habitual bed-wetter, but I imagine we drank a few too many root beers that night.
I used their sleeping bag. They offered...why not? The next morning, the dreaded wet pajamas and the tell-tale smell permeated the air. What to do? I was so embarrassed...should I go tell them? Should I tell my friend? Do I bring my yellow badge of courage up for the world to see?
I am ashamed to say that I did none of the above. You see, my cousin and my friend had decided to clean up the sleeping bags and go eat breakfast and play outside. So what did yours truly do? I rolled up the bag......yes...I know.......and shoved it as far in the closet as I could. Then in an attempt to get home and change my clothes, I made up an excuse that I needed to clean my room really fast, but that I'd be right back.
I made it home and changed. I think my Mom was suspicious, but in my 6 year old brain, I had fooled the world. I got back to my friends house in time for Trix cereal.
I'm sorry Pococks that the next time you went camping, and unrolled the sleeping bag....well, I'll just let everyone imagine the rest. It was me. I peed the bed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since we are getting past transgressions out in the open, I have one of my own. I killed a vagrant. I was young and having fun, next thing I know..dead vagrant. Wow..that is a load off. Can't tell you how it feels to get that off my chest.

The Hypocritical One said...

The best therapy is to not post anonymously so that we can contact you and ease your pain. I'm sure killing the vagrant was an accident.

The Nemesing One said...

Nothing wrong with thinning the herd a little bit. You did good.

boisebyufans said...

Somethings should just be left a secret! I for one have a bad taste in my mouth after reading this story!

Anonymous said...

I had a bad taste in my mouth after visiting your mamas house.

Locations of visitors to this page