Monday, June 30, 2008

Musings

Aaah....the joys of owning a Suburban. Do you think it would be in poor taste to start asking hitch-hikers to chip in for gas?



Oh...and if gas were 5.00 a gallon, this fill-up would have cost me $144.41.

If gas were $1.19 a gallon (Price I paid in Houston Texas in 1995), this fill-up would have cost me 34.37.

If my car ran on Schlitz Malt liquor, this fill-up would have cost me $191.48. So it could be worse.

The signs of aging are prevalent in my life: I consistently use a water-pick at night. I enjoy AM talk radio 5 times more than FM radio. 175 seconds in the sun will cause a burn. There are too many grey hairs to "pluck out." I am winded after playing soccer with my kids for 3 minutes. My "fat jeans" are now my favorite jeans. I had to pluck an ear hair that was strangely long.

But I still hang onto some semblance of my youth: The new Foo Fighters album is unbelievable. I flipped somebody off just last week. I still have all my hair. The AM radio I listen to is Sports...not Rush Limbaugh. I ride a dirt bike. I can still do the "roger rabbit." (perhaps this should be in the other category)

10 comments:

The Nemesing One said...

What kind of Suburban do you have? The girl's version? Mine holds 42 gallons and just cost me $172 to fill up.

The Hypocritical One said...

2000. Half-ton. 30-33 gallon tank.

What's your MPG? 15 normally here.

Do you have the 3/4 ton? I would think so as the driver's seat may be bigger...if ya catch my drift.

Harris said...

hey hypocritical,

"i still have all my hair"

(sigh)

rock on,

aitch

Aspiring Solo said...

This is a fun blog. I likey.

MissMP said...

Well, hopefully we will never have to begin fueling our vehicles with Schlitz...

The Hypocritical One said...

I'm not sure whether I'd rather drink gasoline or Schlitz either....

Captain Mary said...

I have a photo just like that, except I was filling up my boat. I just don't look anymore, it doesn't matter what it costs I am going boating no matter what the cost.

lisa said...

You actually flipped someone off? That is like so 80's.

The Nemesing One said...

It's a 1/2 ton, you're a vagina. Lisa, are you asking me if I flipped someone off? Hell ya, most liberating thing I've done since pour hot wax on my nipples.

The Nemesing One said...

Lisa, a little clarification. I was calling the HypOne a Vagina because I think he's got one. He asked what size suburban I had, and pointed out that I might need the larger reenforced drivers seat (because I'm so huge)so I answered his question and called him that. I would never insult someone named Lisa. It's 1 of the 2 most sexiest names in the world. The other being Wendy. Oh ya, I'm a big time Purple Rain fan!

Locations of visitors to this page